Difference between web designer, web developer and web programmer
Often people get confused about the three words, web design, web development and web programming. These three may sound familiar but they actually hold different meaning. We will discuss the difference between web designer, web developer and web programmer below.
Web Design is related to graphical part of a website. Activities related to design includes the UI, UX. How a web page should look, how to make a page user friendly and focuses on visual experience of the user. A Web designer focuses on following points.
- Focus on user experience and user interaction of a website. Designers try their best to provide smooth and flexible user experience (UX) for the users visiting the page.
- Focus on user’s visual experience. Designers tries to make site visually more attractive. They try to provide user with better graphical experience when users are scrolling pages, swiping through images, pressing buttons and many more.
Web programming is related to coding and writing markup. Both web designers and web developers are called as web programmers. Web programming can be for both client side and server side.
Web designers who code for client side to make dynamic web pages is called as front end web programmers. On the other hand, web developers who work to build backend of website or web applications are also called as web programmers. So, designers and developers who code to build the front end and backend of a website or web application are both called as web programmers.
Web development is related to creating websites, web applications, database development and software development. They handle the technical or logical part of a website. Web developers focuses on the back end of a website or web application. They use programming languages to write software to make website live. Web Developers focuses following points:
- Focus on creating back end of a website. Developers take web design from the design agency and writes complicated code and algorithm to create a live and interactive website. Developers create websites, web applications, and web software for pc, smartphones and other devices.
- Focus on programming and algorithms so that whenever user wants some information they can get the exact one. They use different kinds of programming languages, algorithms and other technical and mathematical skills to develop the back end of a website. They also store information in data base and connect the database with the website or application so that user can easily get access to information instantly through searching.
- Focus on creating a better search engine so user can have better experience when they search for information or other staffs in a website.
A web developer should know any of the following programming languages:
- Ruby on Rails
If a developer knows two or more languages from above and develop websites using them then he/she may get an advantage in market place.
Difference between web designer, web developer and web programmer in terms of Company or Agency
Web design companies should be specialized in designing a user friendly and attractive website. On the other hand web Development companies should be expert in creating interactive websites and web application. So often web design companies claim that they can also develop websites. As same for development companies or agency, they claim they can also design dynamic and static website. As a result it becomes confusing for someone to understand where to design and develop a website.
Web Development companies creates websites, web application, software, database for back end and connect them with each other. They focus more on technical part and less on design part if any. While Web design companies focuses on designing a website. They create better user experience and user interface. Design companies also have vast knowledge about programming but are not as expert for creating apps for website. So it is better to know the difference between web designer, web developer and web programmer and their agencies in order to take service from them. So, I hope I have been able to clear the difference between web designer, web developer and web programmer. If the above information have helped you understand the topic then please support us. Thank you for visiting the page.